3, 4 or 6 Nights Aboard the Delfin Amazon River Cruise
3, 4 or 6 Nights Aboard the Delfin Amazon River Cruise
8 DAYS / 7 NIGHTS
3-4 Nights aboard the Delfin Amazon River Cruise
ON SALE! STARTING FROM $3,040 PER PERSON
Look no further for the summer getaway that will never be forgotten, and won't break the bank.
There is no better way to explore the splendor of the Amazon and the Papaya Samiria National Reserve than from aboard the Delfin River Cruise. With 3 and 4-night departures aboard a fleet of three world-class river yachts, enjoy nonstop adventure coupled with deluxe yet authentic accommodations and the best of Peruvian cuisine.
Complement your Amazon expedition with a trip to nearby Machu Picchu or Lima, or even with a stop in neighboring Ecuador; combining the Amazon and Galapagos makes for the eco-adventure of a lifetime!
Through August 31, Craft Travel is sending the fourth passenger free for Delfin bookings of four people or more. Less than four traveling? Book the Delfin and we'll give you 25% off your entire South America land package, wherever you want to go! Clients must book by August 31, 2017 and travel by mid-December 2017.
*Children under 11 receive an automatic 20% discount off the adult rate. The minimum age to embark is 7 years old. Some restrictions to the offer may apply.
- 4 nights accommodation in hotels
- 3-4 nights aboard the Delfin I or II Amazon River Cruise
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner aboard the Delfin
- Unlimited activities aboard the Delfin including trekking, paddle boarding, kayaking and visits to local indigenous villages
DETAILED ITINERARY (4 DAY, 3 NIGHT)
DAY 1 - Arrival to Iquitos
Welcome to Iquitos!
Aboard the Delfin, you will be served by our qualified staff who will introduce you to your exquisite and cozy suite, specially equipped with all the amenities for the experienced traveler as yourself. Orthopedic beds, pure cotton sheets, pillows of 100% pure natural latex, cotton bathrobes, air conditioning, and private bathroom with Spanish style hot water showers are all framed with a spacious private terrace we are sure you will enjoy to the fullest.
Our first excursion will be done by skiff where we visit our first location populated by sloths, iguanas, and recently a new favorite location for anteaters. Birdwatchers are likely to check off their bucket list, the yellow-rumped caciques and the very elegant egrets.
DAY 2 - Amazon River
This morning, we recommend getting up early to appreciate the wildlife. Early rising is always rewarding since animal are most abundant and active with the rising of the sun. This is one of the most important zones of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. The walk at Fundo Casual jungle trail will take you deep into the rainforest on terra firme (non-flooded forest) where your guide will point out the dynamic creatures and vegetation of the Amazon. Be sure to keep an attentive eye open for identifying surprises!
In the afternoon, you will start cruising through the Yanayacu and Pucate Rivers, peeking into different creeks and lagoons. This is one of the best preserved and protected zones of the Pacaya Samiria National
Reserve. Your guide will use his expert eye to pinpoint all the biodiversity of this region. You can swim in the jungle river along with the famous pink dolphins!
DAY 3 - Amazon River
Begin your morning with an adventurous journey to visit to a private reserve complete with 8 hanging bridges high up in the rainforest canopy. To get there, you will walk through primary forest and paddle slowly through tranquil Tahuampa Lake, a black water lagoon with giant arapaima fishes (known locally as paiche) and with luck, you might hear them jumping up to breathe the crisp dawn air. The suspension bridges will give you a peek into the life and riches up in the treetops for many of the Amazon's animals. A symphony of sounds will surely enchant your ears.
In the afternoon, continue exploring Nauta Caño Creek and its various delights via skiff. Your guide will point out animals such as the slow moving sloths, various bird species, and perhaps even squealing monkeys! If you wish, you can also kayak through the calm waters this afternoon, skimming the riverbanks on your own to play your own game of “I spy”. As night approaches, your guide will take you on a night safari in search of caiman alligators and night birds.
DAY 4 - Iquitos/Lima/Final Destination
With heavy hearts, the staff will wish you farewell as you begin your departure. At the port of Nauta, our ground crew will be waiting to take you by our private vehicle back to the city of Iquitos, about 95 kilometers journey by paved road.
The Rescue & Rehabilitation Center of River Mammals (ACOBIA): On our way from Nauta back to Iquitos airport, you will visit the Rescue & Rehabilitation Center of River Mammals (ACOBIA) where you will have the chance to meet baby manatees and learn about these wonderful and docile creatures and why they are on the endangered species list. You will also have the chance to pet and feed these kind manatees. As well, there are also some other animals cared for by the center that have been rescued from capture for the intention of being turned into pets and other threatening conditions. We welcome you to donate to this ambitious organization and education center as you wish.
2017 DEPARTURE DATES
- 3 Night Program: April 3, 23; May 1, 29; June 5, 19, 26; July 17, 24, 31; August 14, 28; September 4, 11, 25; October 16, 23, 30; November 13, 20; 27; December 4, 11, 18, 25
- 4 Night Program: April 13; May 4, 18; June 8, 15, 22, 29; July 13, 20; August 10, 24, 31; September 14, 21, 28; October 12, 19, 26; November 2, 16, 23; December 7, 14, 21
- 3 Night Program: April 30; May 28; June 11, 18; July 9, 30; August 6; September 3, 10; October 1, 8; November 5, 12, 19; December n/a
- 4 Night Program: May 3, 31; June 14, 21; July n/a; August 2, 9; September 13, 27; October 4, 11; November 8; December n/a
- 3 Night Program: April 3, 6, 21, 24; May 9, 12, 21, 24, 31; June 7, 14; July 2, 5, 26; August 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; September 24, 27; October 6, 9, 12, 15; November 2, 11, 14, 22, 29; December 13, 20, 27
- 4 Night Program: April 15; May 27; June 3, 10, 17, 28; July 8, 22, 29; August 5, 12, 19, 26; September 2, 12, 16, 20, 30; October n/a; November 18, 25; December 2, 16, 23, 30
- 6 Night Program: July 14; August n/a; September 6; October 1, 8; November 5, 12, 19; December n/a